夏至
“夏至”古時又稱“夏節”、“夏至節”,是我國最早的節日之一,夏至過后,天氣會越來越熱。
“夏至”的英語是Summer Solstice (the day of the year with the most hours of daylight)。
solstice /'sɑlst?s/的意思是:至,至日;至點。所以,summer+solstice就是“夏至”的意思啦。
“酷暑”怎么表達?
1 It’s stiflingly hot. I can hardly study!
天氣太悶熱了,我根本沒法好好學習!
2 It’s raining fire! The road is melting and I am leaking/ sweating.
太熱了!感覺渾身都在滴汗,路也在融化。
3 If we do not escape the heat, it is easy to have sunstroke and emotionally.
這樣的天氣不避暑,不僅身體會中暑,情緒也會中暑的!
4 I am sweating like a pig, and I'm not doing anything.
雖然我什么都沒做,但還是汗流浹背。
5 Let's stay at home; you could fry eggs on the sidewalk.
我們呆在家里吧,人行道上都可以煎蛋了。
6 It's too hot to think. I need to find some place to cool off.
熱得我都沒法思考,我需要找個地方涼快涼快。
7 Today is a thermometer breaker! Let's go swimming.
今天熱得溫度計都要爆了!我們去游泳吧。
8 It's hot with a capital "H". Turn up the air conditioner!
今天是最熱的一天,快把空調打開!
9 It's not just hot, it's Africa hot! This weather is terrible.
不止是熱,是像非洲一樣熱!天熱得嚇人。
10 It's hot enough to melt hell. I hope it will be cooler soon.
現在熱得足以把地獄熔化了,希望很快能夠涼快一點。